- 301 The press stated: “That Legislator (Congressman) Chiu Yi pointed out: …After Huang Jui-ching’s bank account in Switzerland was frozen, Former-President Chen once invited Former Minister of Justice Shih Mao-lin, Former Investigation Bureau Head Yeh Sheng-mao and Prosecutor-General of SPO Chen Tsung-ming to the Presidential Residence to study the subject issue…”. The press report is inconsistent with the facts.
- 302 Former-President state affairs fund, Special Investigation Division
- 303 As always, we at the Supreme Prosecutors Office handle all cases absolutely on an objective, impersonal and just basis. We voice our opinions only through our spokesman. Never do we voice different versions nor do we release any false information which could not possibly be verified.
- 304 In the case where the KMT Legislative Yuan (The Congress) Caucus accused government heads of abuse in special fees, the Special Investigation Division of The Supreme Prosecutors Office already completed and concluded Phase I investigation, bringing nine alleged officials into indictment and concluding with no-indictment for six others who prove to have been backed with no concrete criminal facts.
- 305 Today, Mr. Chen Tsung-ming assumed the office of the Prosecutor General of the SPO, said he would select prosecutors of excellent conduct, outstanding performance, rich experience and high resistance to form the SIT within 2 months in order to effectively to fight severe corruption, election bribery, economic crimes (white collar crime) and cases endangering social order.
- 306 Special Investigation Division (SID) to be unveiled on April 2, at 11:10 Am, to start operation
- 307 Supreme Prosecutors Office holds the National Prosecutor Office, Police and Investigation Bureau Government Ethics Officers Seminar on Election Bribery Investigation to declare the authorities’ determination to stop bribery in the 7th legislator election and the 12th presidential election by mobilizing the prosecutor office, police and investigation bureau
- 308 Prosecutors of the SIT, SPO, completed on 20/09, 2007 the investigation of the alleged corruption and document forgery cases from the special allowance of VP Lu, DPP Chairperson Yu, Mr. Hsieh, Mr. Su and SG Chen who are either charged or released by law. Moreover, Employees of the OOP, EY and MFA involving in alleged document forgery have either been charged or granted suspended prosecution.
- 309 Coverage on the following incidents is untrue to the facts, including “Prosecutor Wu Wen-chung begs LY Minister Wang chin-ping to lobby for his prosecutor post in the Special Investigation Unit for Black Money”, “[Prosecutor Wu] instigates Wu Meng-te to supply information unfavorable against Shieh Chang-ting”, and “Prosecutor Wu discloses the investigation actions of this case to KMT executives”.